Monday, January 19, 2009

The Concert

Well, this is my first attempt at blogging. After following my daughters blog I thought it seemed like an interesting way to put down some thoughts and let others see them. Normally I would be working today but Kim and I just returned from a concert in Pensacola. Actually the concert was last night but being that it was late and I am not as young as I used to be we decided to stay at a hotel for the night.

It all started a couple months ago when my wonderful wife found out that I like Brad Paisley songs and that he was coming to Pensacola. She went and got tickets and set us up in a very nice hotel right across the street from the concert location. We got to the hotel Sunday after church and just enjoyed the room and watching the History Channel. We had a light dinner in the hotel and went across the street to the concert. There were hundreds of people lined up going inside. Thankfully we are in Florida so we didn't have to deal with snow, ice and freezing temps before getting inside.

Darius Rucker started the show and did a really good job of opening. Dirks Bently who also has a number of songs that I like came on next and he was great. Then Brad Paisley came on stage and he was awesome. Not only does he have some great songs that I like, he is an amasing guitar player. In addition to his talent every member of his team is extremely talented. It was a great show and we got our mony's worth.

At about 11 PM, way past my bed time, we worked our way out of the Civic Center to go back to the hotel. Unfortunately the first door we went out took us to the back of the Center and we couldn't see any way to get to the hotel short of crossing the interstate. We managed to get back inside, like salmon swimming upstream, so we could go around to the other side of the building on the inside and then exit to where our hotel was. After watching a little more of the History Channel we decided that by now it was WAY past my bedtime.

We woke up and got out of bed around 0800. I brewed some "in room" coffee and was ready to go for some breakfast. I spent the next hour " waiting on a woman". We went down stairs to the restaurant and enjoyed a very nice filling breakfast. After breakfast we returned to the room and figured since we weren't required to check out till noon, we might as well get our mony's worth. So we did some reading and watched a little more of the History Channel. Finally we decided we would have to leave and start the journey home. After returning home, we unpacked, got settled in and I decided to attempt my first blog.

Not very exciting, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. This was only the second concert i have been to in my entire life, and though I don't like crowds and loud noises it was very enjoyable. As much as I enjoyed the concert itself I actually enjoyed the time away with Kim and being in that very nice hotel that reminded me very much of being on a cruise ship. To anyone who might read this, let me know what you think

1 comment:

  1. Hi dad, nice blog. You probably already know how to do more stuff than i do. Ha-ha i'm techno challenged. I'm glad you got away and got to enjoy the conert, the history channel, and your wife. It's not a cruise, but it's something. Glad you decided to blog!! love you

    ReplyDelete